Causes of emotional disturbance among students (or children)
- brain disorder,
- stress, and
- family functioning
- poor economic status or poverty
- parental stress that leads to tension among family members
- parents’ inconsistent expectations and rules may lead to confusion and insecurity in children
- family turmoil over long periods of time,
- Teachers’ unrealistic expectations, harsh feedback and tense relationship with students may create stress among students.
- Teachers being unskilled in managing the classroom or insensitive to students’ individual differences may create an environment that leads to aggression, frustration, and withdrawal among students.
<<Previous topic- T2 Teachers and legislation | T3 Emotional disturbance among students: Introduction | Early symptoms | Causes of emotional disturbance | Implication | Ways to overcome: Prevention | Intervention | The Mental Health Programme : 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Children’s rights : 1 | 2 | Reference | Next topic – T4 Emotional stress among teachers >>