Ways to help overcome emotional disturbance among students
- Consult and collaborate with other teachers, parents, counselors, qualified social workers to work on the intervention plans.
- Design and implement Systematic Intervention Plans.
- Intervention must begin early and proceed deliberately
- Engage peer involvement – Have classmates remind each other of classroom expectations.
- Employ guided practice and well-organized transitions from activity to activity. Supervised Free Periods.
- Have adults monitor unstructured parts of the school day (recess, hall changes, lunch).
do2learn. (2015). Emotional disturbance. http://do2learn.com/disabilities/CharacteristicsAndStrategies/EmotionalDisturbance_Characteristics.html
<<Previous topic- T2 Teachers and legislation | T3 Emotional disturbance among students: Introduction | Early symptoms | Causes of emotional disturbance | Implication | Ways to overcome: Prevention | Intervention | The Mental Health Programme : 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Children’s rights : 1 | 2 | Reference | Next topic – T4 Emotional stress among teachers >>