- Managing innovation and change strategies
- Adaptation of various innovation and change
- Education Development Plan Malaysia (PPPM)
Managing innovation and change strategies
When there is a paradigm shift in the goal and mission of education, change and innovation will be made to meet the needs of neutralize the impact of globalization. The decision to change or innovate may lead to the upgrading of the quality and focus in the curriculum, democratizing education to provide equal access and narrowing down the gap of educational performance, etc. The level of change may be systemic, whole school or at the classroom level (Credaro, 2006),.
There are several questions that we need to think about regarding the management of changes and innovation in education:
- Why change?
- What is the reason to change?
- Which area need changes and innovation?
- What are the benefits or effects that we expect to receive?
- What will happen if we maintain the status quo?
- How much are we willing to pay for?
- To what extend are we willing to change to accommodate the new technology or innovation?
- What could be the implication on the teaching and learning process?
- What needed to be changed and innovated?
- The policy and working procedure?
- The restructuring of human resources?
- Retraining of the supporting staffs?
- The infrastructure that support the change or innovation?
- How do we choose the technology or innovation over the other alternatives?
- What is its strength?
- What could be its draw back?
- What could be the impact?
- What should be the appropriate attitude to diffuse innovation and changes?
- What could be the strategies to manage these changes and innovation?
Do read this brief notes on managing innovation of education by Hockely:
- Hockley, Andy. (2009). Managing innovation in educational organizations. http://qualitraining2.ecml.at/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=tr54FKZZrO0%3D&tabid=2228&language=en-GB
- Credaro, Amanda. (2006). Innovation and change in education. Retrieved August 11, 2015 from http://www.warriorlibrarian.com/LIBRARY/innovate.html
- Hockley, Andy. (2009). Managing innovation in educational organizations. Proceedings of the International Conference “Creativity and Innovation to Promote Multilingualism and Intercultural Dialogue”, Editura ARS LONGA, 2009. Retrieved August 9, 2015 from http://qualitraining2.ecml.at/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=tr54FKZZrO0%3D&tabid=2228&language=en-GB
<<Previous topic- T5 Innovation And Educational Changes | T6 Managing Innovation And Educational Change: Managing innovation and change strategies | Adaptation of various innovation and change | Education Development Plan Malaysia (PPPM) >>