- What is the meaning of children with “Special Needs”?
How do you recognize a child with special needs?
- Give example of the following issues of special needs:
- emotionally and
- What could be the symptoms of Children with Special Needs?
- Why do children with special need have inequal access to educational opportunities?
How does the Malaysian Government resolve this issue of inequal access to educational opportunities?
- Briefly explain what is The Malaysian Special Education Act 2013.
Organize yourselves into group of 4-6 and select ONE of the discussion topic given. You may refer to the reference list for further information.
Click on the hyperlinks to record your brief note produced based on the discussion topics:
Children’s Inclusive Care Council of Amador and Calaveras. (2005). All Children Are Special: How to Know When a Child Needs Help A Manual for Parents and Child Care Providers. http://www.first5amador.com/Final_Inclusion_Manual_30jun05.pdf
Peraturan-peraturan Pendidikan (Pendidikan Khas) 2013. http://www.mansa.org.my/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Peraturan-Pendidikan-Khas-2013.pdf
Special education – special needs public schools of Ministry of Education. (2015). http://www.schoolmalaysia.com/school/list.php?type=11C
Mauro, Terri. (2015). What are “special needs” http://specialchildren.about.com/od/gettingadiagnosis/p/whatare.htm