1. Action Plan to Develop the Aboriginal People Residing in Suburban Areas (Pelan Tindakan Pembangunan Pendidikan Masyarakat Orang Asli Di Pinggir Bandar) 2003-2007.
This action plan involves four major target groups, i.e. (JAKAO, 2015):
- Preschool programme (5-6 years old)
– To acquire preliminary skills before admitting into the primary schools.
- Primary education (7-12 years old)
– To strengthen the basic study skills such as reading, writing, calculation and thinking skills, etc. to develop and enhance the intellectual, affective and psychomotor domains.
- Secondary education (13-18 years old)
– Focus on the analytical and creative thinking skills and introducing a variety of disciplines.
- Tertiary education
– Helping the aborigines to be critical, creative and innovative thinkers that may contribute to the national development and excel in the global competitive market.
Examples of the programme involves:
- Motivational Programme / Excelling in UPSR, PMR, SPM & STPM
- Scoring A’s Programme
- Educating with love (Program Mesra Didik)
- Study tours
The aborigines student who had succeeded in scoring 4A’s and/or scoring A’s in Mathematics and Science may be eligible to be enrolled in Maktab Rendah Sains Mara.
There are also financial aids and incentives to help the aborigines and indigenous people to further their studies using predetermined rates effectives from 1st May 2012. You may read more by clicking on the hyperlink to Financial Aids Scheme.