After the Federation of Malaya had declared independence in 1957 and known as Malaysia with autonomy, efforts were made to consolidate the education systems for nation integration.Based on the Razak Report, the Education Ordinance 1957 (Mnistry Of Education Malaysia, 2012) were passed to promote the national education policy aim at :
- establishing a national education system
- Malay language (Bahasa Malaysia) became the main medium of instruction
- using the Malaysian-oriented curriculum for nation integration
- using a common standardised public examination for all.
Many reports and review of educational policies had contributed to the refinement of the current education system that we have today. You may click the following hyperlinks to do further reading:
- Razak Report 1956
- Rahman Talib Report 1960
- Education Act 1961
- Aminuddin Baki Report 1964
- Cabinet Committee Report 1979
*Impact and result of the reports made.
<<Previous topic- T2 Branches of philosophy | T3 Development of education in Malaysia: Pre-independence: | Post-independence: Razak Report | Rahman Talib Report | Education Act 1961 | Aminuddin Baki Report 1964 | Cabinet Committee Report | Education Act 1996 | Education Development Master Plan 2001-2010 | Educational Development Master Plan (PIPP) 2006-2010 | Current education | Next topic – T4 Philosophy of education in Malaysia >>